With KeePass Client v6.0.4
May 15, 2015
Warning For "Latest" Versions
Latest versions are intended for:
- early adopters
- evaluation of the product based on the latest feature set
- early access for planning of future deployments or providing Pleasant Solutions with feedback.
Latest versions are not ready for large mission-critical deployments, please use the most recent "Stable" version which has been tested much more thoroughly. Features in these Latest versions typically will make their way to Stable versions between 2 weeks and 3 months later.
- New Report added
- Password Strength: Displays all passwords with a strength below a given threshold.
- Refer to Reports for more information.
Mandatory Usage Comments: Improves auditability of credential access
- Allows Adminstrators or those with applicable permissions to require users to provide a comment when performing actions such as modifying a credential or viewing a password. The comments are recorded in the Audit Logs.
- Refer to Usage Comments for more information.
- Active Directory Password Changing
- Provide self-serve Active Directory password resets by allowing Password Server to set user passwords in a synced directory
- Refer to Quick Active Directory and OpenLDAP User Guide for more information
- SSH Proxy
- Refer to SSH Proxy for more information
KeePass Client (New Version is 6.0.4)
- Added support for Usage Comments (see above)
- Notification sender email configuration now has seperate fields for Username and Sender address.
- Custom Fields have been moved to the Credential Details dialog.
- We have changed how Custom Fields work in the Web Client to be more consistent with other credential fields.
- Resolved some Web Client display issues when browsing with IE 9
- Fixed an issue which prevented users with a private folder from being deleted.
- Restored link functionality to the URLs on the main Web Client page.
- Users of older versions of Pleasant Password Server (lower than version 6) will need to update to the Stable version (6.4.13 as of this writing) before proceeding with the update to 7.0.4
- In Internet Explorer, The Password Server must be accessed using its fully qualified domain name.
- Clients that do not support the Usage Comment feature will not be able to perform actions that require comments. Mke sure you also have the latest KeePass Client if you wish to use these features.
- This is a significant release and Password Server may take a long time to start back up (only the first time) after the install completes as your database is upgraded. Remember to back up your database before beginning the upgrade as interrupting this process could leave the database in an unusable state.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported in Pleasant KeePass Client Version ≥ 6.0.1 (because of the .NET Framework ≥ 4.5 requirement). Users of those legacy operating systems should use Client Version 5.0.3 and Password Server Version 6.4.13 (the most recent to support Client Version 5.0.3) until they upgrade.
- Nested AD/LDAP groups cannot be imported in Password Server Version 7.0.1 - 7.3.5.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.