Version v7.3.7 (Stable)
With KeePass Client v7.3.1
Feb 22, 2016
These Release Notes detail the differences between this release and the last stable version (7.1.20).
For information about the "Latest" versions inbetween, see Older And Inbetween Versions.
- Automated database backup is now available for Enterprise users.
- Schedule automatic backups.
- Restore from backed-up databases.
- Migrate backed-up data between databases and across database providers.
- See Database Backup and Restore for more information.
- Auto-Type for the Mac Client can now be enabled by installing the Pleasant Auto-Type extension from the Client Download page in Password Server.
- See Auto Type in the Mac Client for more information.
- Password Resets have been enhanced:
- Create Reset Policies that include additional questions and multiple factors to authenticate users during Password Reset.
- See Self-serve Password Reset for more information.
- New Reports added:
- Password Access Report: See which passwords a user accessed within a given time period.
- All Access Report:
- Exports a CSV list of every assigned Access Level for every user, either directly or through Roles.
- Can be run for the whole tree or just a portion of it.
- Enrollment Report: Tracks which users have filled out the questions and information required to perform a Password Reset.
- Scheduled Emails of Password Server Reports
- Admin can configure the recipients, the frequency and time at which the reports are sent as well as the parameters to the run the reports with (where applicable).
- Expiring Password Notification Trigger
- A new Notification Trigger that will email the Recipient Users and Roles when a password is about to expire.
- See Notifications for more information.
- German Translation Beta
- Includes translations for most of the Password Server Web UI (some recent additions are not yet translated).
- Web Client language is selectable via a dropdown menu at the bottom of each page.
- Admins can lock language settings for all users on the Settings page.
- New Client added
- Password Safe for Pleasant Password Server: An alternative Windows desktop client that can connect to Password Server.
- See Password Safe Desktop Client for more information including differences from the standard Password Safe software.
- Changes to the available events for Notification Trigger:
- Added: View Offline, Modify Notification Setings, Modify Proxy Settings, Modify Comment Settings
- Removed: View Folders And View Entries, as these operations occur very often.
- View Entry Contents is still available.
- Proxy Certificate Regeneration has been moved to the Proxy Settings section of the Settings page.
- Improved the performance of the credential tree on the Web Client.
- Various visual improvements and fixes in the Web Client.
- Support for Auto-Type pattern overrides in KeePass at the Folder level has been added to the KeePass Client.
- Various improvements to error handling in the API and KeePass Client.
- Sped up Offline Sync times.
- Workflow improvements for KeePass Offline Mode
- Due to some changes in the how the offline file is saved, previous caches will be invalidated after updating KeePass.
- Support for KeePass option to display a list of expired or soon to be expired credentials on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the Access Frequency Report would show all zeros for Directory Users.
- Fixed an issue where Roles that had a Client Config assigned could not be deleted.
- Fixed an issue where changes to Password Profiles and User logouts were not being logged.
- Fixed an issue where an extra Update event was logged when moving a Folder.
- Fixed an issue where Permission Set Update and SMTP Config Update events would be logged when saving their respective forms without making any changes.
- Fixed an issue where the Historical Password Fetched event would fire whenever a user selected a revision in the credential's history rather then when the password was actually fetched.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Notifications firing when deleting objects, moving out of the folder with the Notification rule and Modifications to the Password Auto-change settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Distringuished Names of Directory users that we upgraded from version 6 were not being set properly during the migration. If you have already upgraded, it is recommended that you Update your Directory Users from the Actions menu in Users & Roles > Manage Directories.
- KeePass Clients v6.0.1 and older will not be able to perform actions that require usage comments.
- Nested AD/LDAP groups cannot be imported in Password Server Version 7.0.1 - 7.3.x.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.