With KeePass Client v6.0.1
May 7, 2015
Warning For "Latest" Versions
Latest versions are intended for:
- early adopters
- evaluation of the product based on the latest feature set
- early access for planning of future deployments or providing Pleasant Solutions with feedback.
Latest versions are not ready for large mission-critical deployments, please use the most recent "Stable" version which has been tested much more thoroughly. Features in these Latest versions typically will make their way to Stable versions between 2 weeks and 3 months later.
- New Reports added
- Access Frequence Report: Displays all User activity on Pleasant Password Server between the inputted dates.
- Password Expiry Report: Display all passwords that will expire on or before the inputted date. Refer to
- Password Age Report: Display all passwords that are older than or equal to the inputted age value (in days).
- Load Report: Displays information regarding Pleasant Password Server Usage and server load based on the Logging information.
- Refer to Reports for more information on the above reports.
- Email Notifications based on Access Levels
- Allows Adminstrators or those with applicable permissions to setup automatic Email Notifications when a selected Role and/or User carry out Triggering Actions.
- Adminstrators and Users with applicable permisson are able to customize Notification Triggers that are used to determine which actions or accesses should trigger a Notification. Notification Triggers are capable of being resused.
- Refer to Setting Up Notifications for more information.
- Two factor authentication is now supported on both the web client and KeePass client.
- Refer to Two-factor Authentication for more information
- Time limited access: Access to Entries and Folders can now be Granted with a time limit, allowing temporary access that automatically expires based on an inputted time. Can be as short as an hour.
- Refer to Setting Access Rules for more information.
- Skinning: Customization of Web Client with Company Name and Logos is now capable through the Settings Page.
- Refer to Web Client Customization for more information.
- Logging to SysLog: Password Server can be configured to log events to a SysLog server.
- Refer to Logging to SysLog for more information
KeePass Client (new version: 6.0.1)
- Offline Mode added. It will default to enabled, so upgrading users should disable it if they wish.
- Credential History convenience link added.
- Columns on the Entry Table can now be resized and hidden.
- Restoring Entry from History has been improved to restore all available information from the History Database.
- Will restore Title, Username, Password, URL, Notes, Expiration Enabled, Expiration date, Custom Fields, and Attached Files.
- Will not affect Security, Proxy, Notification, or Comment Settings.
- Refer to Credential History for more information.
- The web client now supports the ability to add custom fields to entries to match the KeePass Client.
- The web client now has the ability to attach files to a entry and access files that were attatched to a entry by the KeePass Client.
- It is now possible to drag and drop credentials to change the location of a credential from one folder to another in the webclient.
- When searching for a specific folder using the search feature it is now possible to click on the folder in the search result to navigate to that folder.
- The feedback form (accessible from the bottom of the page) has been improved.
- Support for Open LDAP and AD has improved
- User management has been improved with more configuration options
- Password Profiles can be created
- Lockout Policies can be created, locking or disabling accounts after a set amount of consecutive failed login attempts
- Two-Factor authentication is now supported
- Users can have policies directly assigned to them
- Refer to User Policies for more information.
The database connection string placeholder [AppDataRoamingPleasant] has been replaced with [DataFolder] which is represents the sub-path:
C:\ProgramData\Pleasant Solutions\Password Server
- Changing password in KeePass would ignore the servers complexity setting
- Going to the Admin Site from the KeePass client would direct you to the wrong URL
- The Desktop Client download page would display the wrong URL
- Various UI bugs
- Bugs related to various Active Directory operations should be fixed.
- Users of older versions of Pleasant Password Server (lower than version 6) will need to update to the Stable version (6.4.13 as of this writing) before proceeding with the update to 7.0.1
- In Internet Explorer, The Password Server must be accessed using its fully qualified domain name.
- This is a significant release and Password Server may take a long time to start back up (only the first time) after the install completes as your database is upgraded. Remember to back up your database before beginning the upgrade as interrupting this process could leave the database in an unusable state.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported in Pleasant KeePass Client Version ≥ 6.0.1 (because of the .NET Framework ≥ 4.5 requirement). Users of those legacy operating systems should use Client Version 5.0.3 and Password Server Version 6.4.13 (the most recent to support Client Version 5.0.3) until they upgrade.
- Nested AD/LDAP groups cannot be imported in Password Server Version 7.0.1 - 7.3.5.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.