With KeePass Client v6.0.8
Jun 24, 2015
Warning For "Latest" Versions
Latest versions are intended for:
- early adopters
- evaluation of the product based on the latest feature set
- early access for planning of future deployments or providing Pleasant Solutions with feedback.
Latest versions are not ready for large mission-critical deployments, please use the most recent "Stable" version which has been tested much more thoroughly. Features in these Latest versions typically will make their way to Stable versions between 2 weeks and 3 months later.
Version 7.0.8 disallowed the use of ' / ' characters in Folder and Entry names. Version 7.0.14 contains a database upgrade that will replace the ' / ' characters in existing names with ' \ ' characters. The URLs and password data itself is unaffected.
- Improved logging information regarding changes in custom fields.
- When importing Entries and Folders that do not fit the Password Server naming conventions, the user will be given the option to have the client rename those Entries and Folders for them.
- Performance improvements on client start up.
Bug Fixed for Existing Features
- Fixed some visual bugs in the Web Client in IE.
Bug Fixes for New Features
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some users from being able to upgrade from pre-version 7 installations.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some users from being able to upgrade from version 7.0.10 .
- Fixed some display issues with larger custom logos.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the 'Move Entries' Comment Trigger from being enforced.
- Old versions of Client apps that do not support the Usage Comment feature will not be able to perform actions that have "require comments" turned on. Make sure you also have the latest KeePass Client if you wish to use these features.
- This is a significant release and Password Server may take a long time to start back up (only the first time) after the install completes as your database is upgraded. Remember to back up your database before beginning the upgrade as interrupting this process could leave the database in an unusable state.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported in Pleasant KeePass Client Version ≥ 6.0.1 (because of the .NET Framework ≥ 4.5 requirement). Users of those legacy operating systems should use Client Version 5.0.3 and Password Server Version 6.4.13 (the most recent to support Client Version 5.0.3) until they upgrade.
- Nested AD/LDAP groups cannot be imported in Password Server Version 7.0.1 - 7.3.5.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.
- In Internet Explorer, The Password Server must be viewed with Compatability Mode turned off. Some IE settings force intranets sites to be viewed in Compatability Mode; in these cases, accessing the Web Client using its fully qualified domain name can get around these settings.