With KeePass Client v7.4.4
Feb 5th, 2016
New Feature: Reset Users
- Pleasant Reset Server is available as a stand-alone product or as an addition to Enterprise+ and Enterprise+ SSO. Reset Users do not need a Pleasant Password Server account to reset their password.
- Active Directory / LDAP Password Resets made easy, with no need to tie up administrative staff when users forget their password.
- Active Directory / LDAP users can now reset their own passwords right from the Windows login screen, or via browser.
- See our Reset Users documentation for more information.
- Vist our Online Store to add Reset Users to your license.
- Various improvements to the clarity of the Self-Serve Reset Challenge configuration interface and related UI.
- Entry History now shows the most recent changes first by default.
- Entry History details now include the expiration date of an entry if it had one at that revision.
- Private Folder creation page now only shows users without Private Folders.
- Fixed an issue where the KeePass Client would only save the most recent window-specific custom Auto-Type sequence.
- Database Backups are only being encrypted with the first 32 characters of the encryption key, so we have updated the Backup Configuration UI to reflect this and truncated existing keys to 32 characters.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent users who have ever modified any credential from being deleted.
- If you're upgrading from version 6.4.13 or earlier, follow these instructions to avoid errors post-upgrade.
- KeePass Clients v6.0.1 and older will not be able to perform actions that require usage comments.
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported in Password Server Version ≥ 7.0.1.