With KeePass Client v7.11.41
Feb 7th, 2023
These Release Notes detail the differences between this release and the previous version.
- KeePass triggers are blocked for all users by default, until selectively re-enabled in the user policy.
- Ability to block access to API: which also blocks other client applications, except for the web application.
- Ability to easily query User information via API, if optional general API setting is enabled.
- Ability to hide TOTP seed settings, using Access Levels.
- Modifications to support IPv6 DNS networks.
- Improved the Entry's Read-Only window view to better align with standard entry window.
- Fixed an error when generating a new password entry in KeePass.
- Fixed a problem in Access History Report where an unused user account may not display yet in the dropdown.
- Fixed a problem where a couple AD connection fields could get cleared and then need to be re-entered.
KeePass client File Size:
- Benefit: For secure authentication and helpful mitigation of security issues, the install files include WebView2 component which supports customer options for rigorous OAuth authentication methods and application proxy.
- Drawback: KeePass desktop install file size: 372 MB
- This reduces the many unfortunate install failures or potential security issues.
- In the future, with further modifications the support for the machine's default browser will replace this WebView2 component. This will bring the large file size back down to previous levels.
Requires .NET 4.8
- The Upgrade may try to download these .NET 4.8 files from the internet for the upgrade, if they are not already installed:
- Running this once before install/upgrade will ensure the install process is smooth.
Stalled Install progress:
- Otherwise, if the file installation appears to be stalled after 10 minutes, stop, restart the machine, and restart the install.
- The .NET framework files have now been added and the install should run smoothly.
- Saving the login username in KeePass client:
- If https:// is not specified in KeePass Server URL, the username will not be saved for the user for the next time they login.
- All users must upgrade to KeePass client version 7.11.41