With KeePass Client v8.0.0
April 28th, 2023
These Release Notes detail the differences between this release and the previous version.
- Performance improvements:
- Web Client login and folder navigation
- Web Client Offline loading
- Password Access History Report
- Pre-calculation mode is set and is now the default
- Fixed a problem with SAML SSO Enforced sign-in.
- Fixed a problem with AD/LDAP user import.
- Fixed a rare KeePass user sign-in problem.
- Fixed an error with web search.
- Fixed an archive folder loading error.
- Fixed a server problem that that affects iOS mobile display in v8.
KeePass client File Size:
- Benefit: For secure authentication and helpful mitigation of security issues, the install files include WebView2 component which supports customer options for rigorous OAuth authentication methods and application proxy.
- Drawback: KeePass desktop install file size: 372 MB
- This reduces the many unfortunate install failures or potential security issues.
- In the future, with further improvements the support for the machine's default browser will replace this WebView2 component. This will bring the large file size back down to previous levels.
Requires .NET 4.8
- The Upgrade may try to download these .NET 4.8 files from the internet for the upgrade, if they are not already installed:
- Running this once before install/upgrade will ensure the install process is smooth.
Stalled Install progress:
- Otherwise, if the file installation appears to be stalled after 10 minutes, stop, restart the machine, and restart the install.
- The .NET framework files have now been added and the install should run smoothly.
- All KeePass users must upgrade to KeePass client version 7.11.43 or 8.0.0