With KeePass Client v7.11.43
Mar 24th, 2023
These Release Notes detail the differences between this release and the previous Stable version.
- KeePass login performance significant improvement.
- Ability to export only the filtered Audit Events.
- KeePass triggers are blocked for all users by default, until selectively re-enabled in the user policy.
- Ability to block access to API: which also blocks other client applications, except for the web application.
- Fixed a regression issue which was blocking KeePass import.
- Fixed where KeePass may not save the login username.
- Fixed an report error for Access History Report, for large databases.
- Fixed an issue where custom fields may have problems using curly brace characters.
- Ability to easily query User information via API, if optional general API setting is enabled.
- Ability to hide TOTP seed settings, using Access Levels.
- Modifications to support IPv6 DNS networks.
- Improved the Entry's Read-Only window view to better align with standard entry window.
KeePass client File Size:
- Benefit: For secure authentication and helpful mitigation of security issues, the install files include WebView2 component which supports customer options for rigorous OAuth authentication methods and application proxy.
- Drawback: KeePass desktop install file size: 372 MB
- This reduces the many unfortunate install failures or potential security issues.
- In the future, with further improvements the support for the machine's default browser will replace this WebView2 component. This will bring the large file size back down to previous levels.
Requires .NET 4.8
- The Upgrade may try to download these .NET 4.8 files from the internet for the upgrade, if they are not already installed:
- Running this once before install/upgrade will ensure the install process is smooth.
Stalled Install progress:
- Otherwise, if the file installation appears to be stalled after 10 minutes, stop, restart the machine, and restart the install.
- The .NET framework files have now been added and the install should run smoothly.
- All users must upgrade to KeePass client version 7.11.43